Here is my finalized Katsucon schedule. As you can see, it is jam packed.
- Merchant Hall table set up (location: A3)
- Cosplaying Litchi Faye Ling from BlazBlue
- 2:00pm - Signing at YayaHan.com table A3 inside Merchant Hall
- 4:30pm - Opening Ceremonies in Main Events (Hall Potomac A & B)
- 7:00pm Dead or Alive cosplay group -as Christie
- 9:00pm - Sociology of Cosplay panel in panel room 3 which is named "Harbor 6"
- Debuting new video game costume
- noon - 3pm -I'll be floating from my vendor table A3 to photoshoots
- 3:30pm - Craftsmanship judge for the Masquerade
- 5:30pm - Masquerade (Performance judge) in Main Events (Hall Potomac A & B)
- 9:00pm - Host for World Cosplay Summit Preliminaries in Main Events (Hall Potomac A & B)
- Cosplaying Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D
- 10:00am - Carmilla video shoot with Ackson (marble floor by Gazebo), photographers welcome
- After the shoot I will be hanging around my vendor table, A3, inside the Merchans Hall
I am super excited to a part of Katsucon this year - had to miss it in 2011 which makes this trip that much sweeter. Hope to meet many new friends and catch up with all my dear buddies who I haven't seen in so long. I'm hard at work on my new costume, it will be interesting to wear it for 12+ hours on Saturday since my schedule won't permit much of a break.
In other news, The iPad based pop-culture magazine "Champion!" is celebrating the release of a brand new issue today. I had the honor of posing for the cover in my self-made Scarlet Witch costume from Marvel's "Avengers" series.
Photography was done by radio legend Howard Stern, the location was a beautiful townhouse in Manhattan. You can download the issue for $0.99 from the App store - it is an interactive magazine designed for the iPad with a ton of great interviews, reviews, galleries & more! The style of the photoshoot was an Editorial look at the world of cosplay featuring well-known characters from the sci-fi and comic book realms. There were 6 cosplayers including me and my smexy girlfriends Klytemnestra and Mostflogged. We had 7 hours in this unique opulent townhouse and produced photos in 4 separate locations within.
You can see a video of the behind-the-scenes happenings and photos from the shoot here!
An interview with Champion! producers about the shoot and magazine is here.
Thank you to everyone at Champion!, Howard, Judy Stephens of Mavel and my fellow cosplayers for the great experience!